Diabetes Update Jan. 24
FAIRBURY – A free Diabetes Update will offer education and information about diabetes on Tuesday, Jan. 24. The program will be held from 9:45 a.m. to noon in the Conference Room at Jefferson Community Health Center.
Topics will include:
- “When Blue is More than a Color” – depression and diabetes by Deb Knight, Directions EAP
- “Sniffles and Sneezes,” by Brandon Bleich, PharmD, JCHC Pharmacy Director
- “Stretch and Snack,” by Jackie Wesch, personal trainer, Bob and Wauneta Burkley Wellness Center
- “Ugh, Another Doctor’s Appointment?!” – making the most of your appointments, by Ted Tucker, MD, family medicine physician, JCHC Fairbury Clinic
- “Those who live with diabetes need encouragement, support and education as they strive to maintain and improve their health,” said Jill Duis RN, Certified Diabetes Educator
The program is FREE. Pre-registration is required by Jan. 20 by calling 402-729-6890.
JCHC’s diabetes education team offers Diabetes Updates periodically to help anyone living with diabetes learn to live a healthier life. The update promises to be interactive, hands-on, and fun – and packed with information and education.
The Diabetes Update is open to anyone who has diabetes or is interested in diabetes.
Coordinators for this program are Jill Duis RN, CDE (certified diabetes educator), and Lisa Edeal, RDN, LMNT (registered dietitian nutritionist), both part of JCHC’s Diabetes Education team.
Anyone interested in more information should contact Duis at (402) 729-6890.