It’s not too late to receive an influenza vaccination, and vaccinations remain available by appointment at JCH&L Fairbury and Plymouth clinics.
Call today to make your appointment for:
- JCH&L Plymouth Clinic, Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Thursdays from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 402-729-6888.
- JCH&L Fairbury Clinic, appointments may be made for regular clinic hours of Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. To make an appointment, call 402-729-3361 (option 1.)
When coming for influenza vaccination appointments this year, please:
- Wear clothing which allows easy access to your arm
- Bring your health insurance card and photo ID. Most health insurances cover the influenza vaccine. There will be a fee payable that day if it will be private pay.
- Bring a completed Health History form (available on our website at JCHealthandLife.org) if you have not had an appointment since we started our new Electronic Health Record on Aug. 17
The CDC recommends annual influenza vaccination for everyone 6 months of age or older every year. Once the vaccine is administered, it takes about 2 weeks for peak immunity to develop. The flu season typically starts in about November, but can last until March or April.
The influenza virus can cause mild to severe symptoms, and can lead to death, especially among those who have additional risk factors: age (65 and older or 2 and younger), immune compromised, chronic health conditions or pregnancy.
If you have questions about influenza vaccinations or the JCH&L influenza clinics, please call 402-729-3361, and select option 2 for patient services.