JCH&L Burkley Fitness Center Re-Opening Wednesday, Dec. 23
JCH&L Burkley Fitness Center will re-open on Wednesday, Dec. 23, after being closed as a precaution against furthering the spread of COVID when Jefferson County’s COVID cases were climbing quickly.
The fitness center will be open 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 23; 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24; Closed Friday, Dec. 25 for Christmas; Open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 26; and Open 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 27. Normal hours are expected to resume on Monday, Dec. 28.
There will be a number of precautions in place:
- Fitness Center staff will wear masks and eye protection (goggles or shield.)
- Fitness Center participants must pass a screening before entering.
- Fitness Center participants are asked to mask when they enter the fitness center, when they are walking from place to place in the center, when they are checking in or when they are visiting with others. Masking is encouraged when exercising, but not required. Masks are required in locker rooms, except for when showering.
- Participants are required to maintain 10 feet of distance when exercising, and 6 feet of distance when socializing.
- All participants are required to use hand sanitizer before and after using equipment and are asked to wipe down equipment after use.
- There will be occupancy limits on the pool (2 family groups, separated by at least 10 feet) and the weight room (4 at a time, with 10 feet of distancing required.)
- Staff will clean machines regularly.
- There will be no group fitness classes offered at this time.
“We are working hard to keep our members and staff safe,” said Craig Bontrager, fitness center director. “We are happy to be reopening again.”
Jefferson Community Health & Life will continue to watch the county numbers and risk dial.
“If our county COVID risk becomes severe again, we will make every effort to find ways to put additional precautions in place. Our goal is to make wise decisions to help keep our county residents and our customers and staff safe,” said Burke Kline, DHA, JCH&L CEO.