With COVID-19 testing more available and Nebraska reducing restrictions on non-essential hospital services, JCH&L is making more non-essential services available this week. With the guidance and direction of the medical staff, JCH&L is slowly increasing availability of some services which have been limited to essential services since late March.
“We are following the guidelines of the governor, but are being cautious and taking things slowly in re-opening services,” said Amber Brunow, infection preventionist at JCH&L. “Our providers continue to help us to determine the safest ways to provide needed services. We will continue to monitor the Governor’s recommendations as the state reopens and will keep the community informed about changes.”
Certain specialists will be coming again to perform procedures, including urology, general surgery and orthopedic surgery. In addition, more routine radiology, lab, and therapy will again become available with some restrictions in place.
All patients will continue to be required to mask, and will be screened for current symptoms, recent travel, and potential contact with anyone diagnosed with or under suspicion for COVID-19. Numbers of patients will be restricted to allow for appropriate social distancing. Patients are asked to use the ER/Emergency entrance unless given other instructions. Patients will not be allowed more than one visitor to come with them to their appointment or service. At this time, the main entrance to JCH&L will remain locked.
Those who have questions about specific specialty clinics should contact JCH&L Outpatient Services at 402-729-6851.
JCH&L Fairbury Clinic continues to recommend Virtual Visits for the initial consultation for most non-emergency medical needs. If during a Virtual Visit the provider determines the patient should be seen in person, instructions will be given. Car-side visits remain in place for those who have respiratory symptoms.
Anyone who has symptoms which are of an emergency nature should contact JCH&L at 402-729-3351 for instructions. The emergency room at JCH&L remains open, and separate locations are available for patients depending on whether they have COVID-19 symptoms or not.
Symptoms for COVID-19 continue to be expanded. Current symptoms include: cough, fever, tiredness, body aches, tightness in chest, shortness of breath, sore throat, and diarrhea/vomiting (for unknown reasons.)
Precautions already in place until further notice:
- JCH&L Gardenside and Cedarwood are CLOSED to all non-essential personnel, including family members.
- The JCH&L cafeteria is closed to the public. It will remain open only to staff.
- Immunization clinics regularly offered twice a month at Jefferson Community Health & Life Outpatient Services by Blue Valley Community Action have been suspended.
- Women’s Health Days offered monthly by JCH&L Radiology and Fairbury Clinic are suspended.
- Volunteers are not coming to the facility.
- JCH&L Plymouth Clinic is closed.
- JCH&L Burkley Fitness Center is closed.
- All support groups and outside programs have been postponed. This includes Parkinson’s Support Group, Alzheimer’s Caregivers Support Group, Health Today and Smart Moves lifestyle change program